Frame an artwork of art in a museum or exhibition, a painting in a church, an artistic object, even a monument or historic building and listen to the description. Inquadro will give you all the information.
Are you a public or private body interested in giving visibility to objects of art or historical and cultural interest and offering a highly interactive and innovative experience to the visitor? Contact us! We will show you the various possibilities to make the objects of your interest usable through the application automatically, independently and in a very short time
We started with Florence, our city. It was really important and very satisfying to be able to test our APP in our museums and unique places. The list is constantly updated, come back soon to find out about the new cities that will be added !!
Here is the list of the most popular museums / places available on inQuadro. You will be able to listen to audio guides both in museums but also in places such as squares or historical monuments where inQuadro will be your personal and free guide available on your mobile phone without the need to install any application.
The Museo Novecento is located in Florence, inside the ancient Spedale delle Leopoldine in Piazza Santa Maria Novella. It is dedicated to Italian art of the 20th century and offers a selection of about 300 works distributed in 15 rooms. It was inaugurated on 24 June 2014.
Having become a model of the "Italian garden," Boboli represents a true open-air museum with terraces, waterfalls, fountains, groves, ponds, statues and grottos, such as the famous one of Madama or Buontalenti. Come and discover a wonder of Florence!!!
The origin of the Uffizi Gallery, one of the largest museums in the world, dates back to 1560, when Cosimo I de' Medici commissioned Giorgio Vasari to build a large building with two wings, "beyond the river and almost in the air", to house the administrative and judicial offices (Uffizi) of the Florentine State. These offices were enriched with precious masterpieces of art by the Medici family, to which an immense heritage of sculptures, miniatures, tapestries and self-portraits was added over the centuries. Among the more than two thousand works on display are those of famous artists such as Leonardo, Botticelli, Giotto, Cimabue, Paolo Cecello, Simone Martini,Piero della Francesca, Michelangelo, Filippino Lippi, Raffaello, Tiziano and many others.
To the right of Palazzo Vecchio is the Loggia dei Lanzi, built in the 14th century as a place to host public ceremonies and assemblies. The term Lanzi comes from Lanzichenecchi, the German soldiers who worked in the retinue of the Medici. There are many statues under the loggia, including Benvenuto Cellini's bronze masterpiece depicting Perseus with the head of Medusa.
The Museo dell'Opera del Duomo collects works of art from the sacred complex of Florence Cathedral, Baptistery and Giotto's Bell Tower, with a very important core of Gothic and Renaissance statuary. Highlights include works by Andrea Pisano, Arnolfo di Cambio, Nanni di Banco, Ghiberti's Porte, Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini, and one of the world's largest collections of works by Donatello, second only to the Bargello National Museum.
The church of Orsanmichele, also known in ancient times as the church of San Michele in Orto, is located in Florence and was a loggia originally built for the grain market, later transformed into the church of the Arts, the ancient Florentine guilds. The church occupies only the ground floor, while the first floor was the actual grain store and the second floor was probably used by the Florentine guilds. In the meantime, since 1339, the Silk Guild had asked the Municipality for permission to make a series of tabernacles with statues of the patron saints of the Guilds, which was only granted in 1404, although some Guilds had already had some statues made. It was then established which Arts had the privilege of one of the fourteen tabernacles, which had to be decorated within ten years or they would lose the right to another Art. In reality, the timeframe was often longer. The result was an extraordinary cycle of sculpture by the greatest Florentine artists, especially those of the 15th century (Nanni di Banco, Donatello, Brunelleschi, Verrocchio, Ghiberti and others), who composed an extraordinary compendium of the transition from late Gothic to fully Renaissance forms.
The history of the square dates back to the time when the Guelphs finally took power in the city and decided to raze the houses of the Ghibellines to the ground. This "demolition" gave rise to the particular L shape of the square. In the middle stands the statue of Neptune, by Niccolò Ammannati, ironically called Biancone by the Florentines. Next to the statue there is a plaque in memory of Girolamo Savonarola, the Dominican friar who led the city after the death of Lorenzo il Magnifico and promoted a new form of popular government; he was burned as a heretic together with two of his disciples on 23rd May 1498 because of the great upheaval he caused in the circles of the powerful.
The Gallery of Modern Art is one of the museums housed in the Pitti Palace in Florence. This vast collection offers a comprehensive Italian panorama of the artistic period from the late eighteenth century (neoclassical era) to the early decades of the twentieth century, based on Italian painting but with some important coeval sculpture and significant examples of foreign artists. It is housed, in chronological order, in the north wing of the palace on the second floor in more than thirty rooms, one of the last areas of the palace to be converted into a museum, where until the 1930s representatives of the House of Savoy occasionally lived while visiting the city and where the Palatine Library was housed, part of which merged into the Magliabechiana Library, as well as a part in the mezzanine known as the eyes, from the theme of decoration.
It is a building from the late 1200s early 1300s and was the seat of the civil power of Poggibonsi after the destruction of Poggibonizzo in 1270 and until the construction of the new Town Hall in 1862. On the ground floor there was originally an open loggia, of which the large arches are still visible, used for public gatherings and the market, while on the first floor it was divided into several rooms that included a hall for meetings.
The Pinacoteca di Brera is a national gallery of ancient and modern art, located in the palace of the same name, one of the largest complexes in Milan with over 24,000 square meters of floor space. The museum exhibits one of Italy's most celebrated collections of paintings, specializing in Venetian and Lombard painting, with important pieces from other schools. In addition, thanks to donations, it offers an exhibition itinerary ranging from prehistory to contemporary art, with masterpieces by 20th-century artists.
The National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art holds the most comprehensive collection devoted to Italian and foreign art from the 19th century to the present. Including paintings, drawings, sculptures and installations, the collection's nearly 20,000 works are an expression of the main artistic currents of the last two centuries, from Neoclassicism to Impressionism, from Divisionism to the historical avant-garde movements of the early 20th century, from Futurism and Surrealism, to the most conspicuous nucleus of works of Italian art between the 1920s and the 1940s, from the Novecento movement to the so-called Roman school.
The Museum was founded in 1966, following the acquisitions of the National Visual Arts Award City of Gallarate established in 1949 and still active today, it preserves more than 5,500 works including paintings, sculptures, installations, artist's books, photographs, design objects and graphic works that offer visitors a rich and articulate panorama of the main artistic orientations from the mid-twentieth century to the present day, with openings on international contemporary research.
The Museo del Novecento in Milan is a permanent exhibition of 20th-century artworks housed within the Palazzo dell'Arengario and the adjacent Palazzo Reale in Milan. The museum absorbed the collections of the former Civic Museum of Contemporary Art (CIMAC) which was located at the second floor of the Royal Palace and was closed in 1998
The National Gallery of Umbria is an Italian state museum based in Perugia's Palazzo dei Priori. It preserves the largest collection of Umbrian art and some of the most significant works of central Italian art from the 13th to the 19th century.
Il parco della reggia di Caserta fu progettato da Luigi Vanvitelli e completato dal figlio Carlo, a cui collaborarono diversi botanici: come modello ispirativo gli architetti si rifecero alla reggia di Versailles e del palazzo Reale della Granja de San Ildefonso. Suddiviso in giardino all'italiana e giardino inglese, il parco ha una superficie di 120 ettari per una lunghezza di quasi tre chilometri.
Il Palazzo Reale o Palazzo Stefano Balbi è uno dei maggiori edifici storici di Genova inserito il 13 luglio del 2006 nella lista tra i 42 palazzi iscritti ai Rolli di Genova, divenuti in tale data patrimonio dell'umanità dall'UNESCO. È un polo museale costituito dalla dimora storica, dall'annesso giardino e dalla pinacoteca, la galleria di Palazzo Reale che costituisce una delle principali quadrerie cittadine. Con il trasferimento della capitale a Roma, il palazzo fu sempre meno frequentato dalla famiglia reale, finché nel 1919 venne definitivamente ceduto da Vittorio Emanuele III e divenne demanio dello Stato. Si decise allora la trasformazione in Museo di arti decorative. Vi furono notevoli danni durante i bombardamenti della seconda guerra mondiale. Maggiormente danneggiato fu il Teatro del Falcone, il cui tetto fu sfondato dalle bombe. Nel dopoguerra se ne decise la demolizione dell'allestimento originale barocco e la radicale ricostruzione. Fu altresì demolito il ponte reale nel 1964 in occasione della costruzione della strada sopraelevata.
Palazzo Vecchio si trova in piazza della Signoria a Firenze ed è la sede del Comune. Rappresenta la migliore sintesi dell'architettura civile trecentesca cittadina ed è uno dei palazzi civici più conosciuti nel mondo. Chiamato in origine palazzo dei Priori, venne successivamente identificato nel XV secolo come palazzo della Signoria, dal nome dell'organismo principale della Repubblica di Firenze; nel 1540 divenne "palazzo Ducale", quando il duca Cosimo I de' Medici ne fece la sua residenza; infine il nome Vecchio lo assunse dopo il 1565 quando la corte del Duca Cosimo si spostò nel "nuovo" Palazzo Pitti. Non sono presenti porte o aperture per la sicurezza di chi amministrava il potere. Ci si poteva accedere solamente dal cortile Dal 1865 al 1871 fu sede del Parlamento del Regno d'Italia, mentre oggi ospita il Sindaco di Firenze e vari uffici comunali. Vi si trova inoltre un museo, che permette di visitare le magnifiche sale dove lavorarono, fra gli altri, Agnolo Bronzino, Ghirlandaio, Giorgio Vasari, e dove sono esposte opere di Michelangelo Buonarroti, Donatello, Verrocchio. L'edificio si è gradualmente ingrandito verso est, arrivando ad occupare un isolato intero e allungando l'iniziale parallelepipedo trecentesco fino a quadruplicarne le dimensioni, con una pianta che ricorda un trapezio del quale la facciata è solo il lato più corto. Sulla facciata principale a bugnato, la Torre di Arnolfo è uno degli emblemi della città.